Monday 11 February 2013

The next Pope will be a Catholic



Having just seen David Willey doing his best to fill airtime on the BBC news, I was irresistibly reminded of Armstrong and Miller's Royal Correspondent, Terry Devlin. It is indeed quite possible that the next Pope will be a Catholic, and that he may be from Italy, or Nigeria, or Brazil or any number of other countries, and that some people are calling for a younger Pope, whilst others are calling for an old one. It is also quite likely that he will be elected by some or  more of the Cardinals...

I'll blog at greater length on the Pope's resignation in due course. For the moment, I'll just say that I'm both surprised and extremely sorry. He is owed many thanks by Catholics for his leadership, and he will be in my prayers.




No comments:

Post a Comment